Religious Life at USC
Student Religious Organizations
Important Deadline: October 1, 2013
No group will be recognized after this date through Student Affairs or the Office of Religious Life unless it is a new group. Note: Recognition as a student religious group involves the process of both Student Affairs and Religious Life.
Recognition Through the Office of Religious Life:
- Complete the Office of Religious Life recognition form found at http://orl.usc.edu/religiouslife/students/recognition-form.html
- Student leaders (one or more) must attend one of several meetings scheduled with the Dean and/or Associate Dean, prior to the October 1st deadline. Meeting dates are at 4 pm on the following dates: September 10 & 11; September 17 & 18, and September 24 & 25 in the University Religious Center, room 108. RSVP here.
Recognition Through Student Affairs:
- This part can all be done on-line!
- Here's how to find the forms:
- Go to the USC Student Organizations website
- Click on “Get Recognized”
- If you need assistance - call Peer Counselors at (213) 740-6283
- Follow the instructions and submit your application.
- Remember to have the group’s advisor complete the on-line advisor form from his/her own computer.
- Every group is required to have a constitution. If you were recognized last year, you may use the same one and it is already on file. If you are new, there is a sample constitution that can be found off the Student Organizations page by clicking on “Handbook” and then “Sample Constitution” in the Table of Contents.