Students practicing mindfulness meditation in Alumni Park – event organized by the Student Sector of Mindful USC – USC’s campus-wide initiative
offering free courses for students and staff to learn mindfulness practice.
Mindfulness Meditation Practice Group
- For faculty, staff, and students
- Wednesdays, 12-12:40 pm
- All are welcome to any and all sessions
- Room 203 (2nd floor), University Religious Center –
- Hosted by Rev. Jim Burklo, Associate Dean, Office of Religious Life – firstname.lastname@example.org
- All members of the university community are welcome to drop in for all or part of each session. A brief introduction to basic mindfulness practice starts each session. At least 20 minutes will be devoted to silence.
Mindfulness Meditation Practice Group at ATT Center
12:05 – 12:35 Wednesdays in the 20th Floor, USC Advancement Development Office, Suite 2000, Large Conference Room. Host: Elliott Law – email@example.com. Those who do not already work on the 20th floor need to sign in at the lobby with security to be let up to the 20th floor.
Mindfulness Programs at the Engemann Student Health Center
Mindfulness Practice Group
- For students, staff, and faculty – come for any or all sessions
- Mondays, 12 noon, Redwood Room in Counseling Center at Engemann
- Contact for info: Andrew Shaw LMFT, (213) 740-7711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Students: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course
An eight-week class that teaches mindfulness techniques and other meditation practices to reduce stress and enhance well-being. Students will learn ways to be more present, aware and accepting, and they will have the opportunity to practice different types of mindfulness meditation each week.. Contact Andrew Shaw LMFT, at Student Counseling Services to sign-up for the program: (213) 740-7711 or email@example.com.
Mindfulness Meditation Practice Sessions
- For students – led by students from the Mindful USC Student Sector
- For current information, contact Student Sector leader, Lillie Moffett – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mindfulness Meditation Practice Groups at USC Keck School of Medicine
- Tuesdays, 12:15-12:50, Quiet Lounge, MCH first floor (San Pablo St side of building)
- Co-Hosted by the student Integrative Health Interest Group.
- Located at USC OT Faculty Practice – For schedule, contact host, Donna Ozawa, OTS, email@example.com.
Wake Up! Buddhist Mindfulness Meditation Practice Group
- (Thich Nhat Hanh – Plum Village tradition) Mondays, 5-6 pm, URC 103C
Watch this short video on “grounding meditation” by Antonia Blumberg, USC Interfaith Council member (graduated 2012)